I stole this from a friend’s blog…I don’t think she’d mind 🙂 It offers a simple outline for a nice year end recap- so here goes.
– What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before? Show my house…sell my house…move across the country with two kids and a dog…live in a house 50 yards from the shore…sell my beloved Subaru…buy a van?! Geez.
-Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? What’s funny is that my answer is very similar to the girl I stole this from…I have been giving a word to the year…at the beginning…so in January I asked the Lord for a word- and heard “Change”. I don’t think there could be a better word for this year than that. As for resolutions…I don’t think I made any due to the truth that I never keep up with them. That being said- I am starting a diet/exercise regime that might be the death of me this year…but dang it, I’m doin it!
– What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012? Focus…intentionalality (if that’s a word) with people…really making an effort to get to know new friends…and a new baby 🙂
– What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? *April 15…more close friends (the Regans) left Missouri- that solidified my desperate need to move *June 17…celebrating Josiah’s 2 year birthday w/all my family in Washington, like all my birthdays used to be *August 27…Regan turned one but more importantly- no more formula!! *September 18…the day Bart called to say the best words ever “we can move- as soon as we want!”; actually first was a text that just read “Oct 15 it is!!” *October 1…accepted an offer on our house for more than we thought we’d ever get. miracle! *October 15…the day we chose many months prior, to be our move date, in faith; and the day our buyers chose to close (much faster than normal); and the day we stepped onto the Nj shore…home at last. *October 29…Sandy came.
– What was your biggest achievement of the year? Loving my family, keeping the boys alive whilst moving, and getting out of the house 6 days in a row w/2 kids and a dog for house showings.
-What was your biggest failure? Not potty training my dearest toddler…
-What was the best thing you bought? When we put our house on the market; our realtor suggested I buy a comforter for our bed- something to pull it together. I hemmed and hawed until I finally caved at Target and bought one. Then- the very next showing (and the last) was the people who bought our home. I’d say that comforter was the best thing I bought…even though I returned it.
-Where did most of your money go? Food, diapers, milk…a clothing overhaul…and to amazon.com.
-What did you get really, really, really excited about? MOVING and then finding out we would get to live in a house by the shore!!!
-What song will always remind you of 2012? Probably the kid’s cd “Little Songbirds”…dance parties with it in MO and now, dance parties in NJ
-Compared to this time last year, are you: (a) happier or sadder? (b) thinner or fatter? (c) richer or poorer? Definitely HAPPIER bc I am by the ocean…new beginnings…fresh… definitely not thinner…see new years resolution…and probably poorer in the long run monetarily bc of cost of living jumps (the midwest is cheap!!) but sooo much richer in love, laughs and family.
– What do you wish you’d done more of? Enjoyed Missouri…my one story house…the simplicity…gone to more drive thru starbucks there.
– What do you wish you’d done less of? complaining and fearing the unknown
-How did you spend Christmas? with my family in my own house
-Did you fall in love in 2012? I feel back in love with Nordstrom…and Uggs.
-What was your favourite TV program? Parenthood
-What was the best book you read? Bloom by Kelle Hampton
-What was your greatest musical discovery? Aside from my array of new Christmas music…I love that I uncovered Josiah’s piano talent hehe.
-What did you want and get? A home by the ocean.
-What did you want and not get? Another baby…
-What was your favourite film of this year? Quite possibly not my favorite but the only one I can think of at the moment: Hunger Games
– What one thing made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Regan finally sleeping through the nite…sleep is my number one need in life.
-How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012? Pajamas with a side of sweatshirts. No, actually in the summer I began my hunt for a new “look”…am still looking.
– What kept you sane? Jesus, Bart and k-cups
– What political issue stirred you the most? Life
-Who did you miss? Erica. Eliza Joy. Jess. Megs.
– Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012. It’s not about where you are, it’s about who you’re with, truly. Also- I don’t like road trips.
Happy New Year!!!